Sunday, November 14, 2010

Paper Abstract

This is a rough copy of my paper abstract for the final individual project. Please comment on anything you feel I am missing or should discuss further. I appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!


This paper will compare the global organization and communication of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to the idea of “global government.” First, I will discuss the history of the Church, growing from a membership of 6 people to nearly 14 million. I will compare this to the growing world community/society. Next, I will explore the issues of governing a worldwide church and compare that to governing a global/worldwide community/society. Understanding that the Church is not operating inside a vacuum, I will use ideas and theories outlined in Lessig Code 2.0 and Open Government to comment on how the Church can achieve consistency worldwide even though individual cultures throughout the world vary a great deal. My specific focus for this paper will be technology and how that effects both the Church’s global governance as well as global e-government.

No comments:

Post a Comment